Ogilvy & Mather Wins Network of the Year at Cannes 2012 by Abovegroup Ogilvy
CANNES, FRANCE, June 23, 2012 - Ogilvy & Mather was named Network of the Year at the 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Cannes Lions 2012 saw Ogilvy & Mather have its best ever year. It has been presented with the prestigious Network of the Year award, and has won 83 Lions across all categories, including 1 Grand Prix, 12 Gold, 20 Silver and 50 Bronze. The network has also achieved a record 305 finalists during the festival.
Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather and Film & Press Jury President at Cannes 2012 said: “We are delighted to be crowned Network of the Year in Cannes 2012 on top of winning a Grand Prix and 83 Lions. The awards are a reflection of our strong creative and management teams, our client relationships, and our agency culture that places its emphasis on creativity. It’s great to be recognised by our peers.”
Ogilvy & Mather China was crowned with a Grand Prix in the Outdoor category for its ‘#CokeHands campaign.’
Across the Network 12 Golds were awarded – across all categories – for the following campaigns:
- 3x Gold for ‘The Return of Dictator Ben Ali’, Ogilvy & Mather Tunisia (2x Promo & Activation; and Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Sprite Shower,’ Ogilvy & Mather Brasil - Sao Paulo ( Promo & Activation)
- 1x Gold for its Carling Black Label ‘Be The Coach,’ Ogilvy Cape Town (Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its Claro TV ‘Half of HBO for free,’ Ogilvy & Mather Guatemala (Direct)
- 1x Gold for its Claro ‘A’ ‘T’ ‘S’ ‘I’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brasil (Press)
- 1x Gold for its IBM ‘THINK’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather NY (Design)
- 1x Gold for its Hellman’s ‘Recipe Receipt’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brasil (Promo & Activation)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Coke Hands’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather, China (Outdoor)
- 1x Gold for its Forbes ‘Donald Trump’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brazil (Outdoor)
- 1x Gold for its Coca-Cola ‘ Share a Coke’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Sydney (Outdoor)
Winning Network of the Year, and the record haul of 83 Lions across all categories in the 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, 2012, breaks last year’s impressive record of 61 award wins (12 Gold, 17 Silver, and 32 Bronze).
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world’s leading celebration of creativity in communications. As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 28,800 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Full information about the 2012 Awards and winners can be found at: http://www.canneslions.com
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world with 450 offices in 120 countries worldwide. It is also the number one agency in terms of global effectiveness awards.
*From the official Ogilvy & Mather Press Release: http://www.ogilvy.com/
Posted in on 26th Jun 2012